Northeast Pennsylvania Business Center
We offer competitive starting wages based upon experience, excellent benefits with GHP Insurance, Guardian Dental & Vision, Aflac, 401K with company match, paid holidays, vacation time, sick time, bonuses, and more! We offer a 60-day evaluation with the potential for a raise, on top of our annual reviews. All new hires are subject to a complete background check and drug screening.
All positions are based out of our main office in Bloomsburg, PA.
Interested candidates should send a letter of interest and current resume to Todd in our HR department at ToddK@nepabusinesscenter.com.
We are looking for a Tax Accountant to run and operate our start-up tax division. This division is already established and has clientele but has room to grow. The Tax Accountant will oversee this division and because of the infancy of the division, they will have the leeway to set up the practice in a way that is most profitable. Being part of the NPBC Family, this division has a complete marketing team at its disposal to create social media content as well as any marketing campaigns or material that is needed by the division.
The Tax Accountant will prepare tax returns, supervise accounting staff, and grow our client base. To succeed in this role, excellent time management skills are essential, as is the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. The Tax Accountant will meet with potential business clients to sell them on the division’s services, as well as meet with individuals to complete yearly taxes and financial planning.
- Prepare tax payments
- Estimate and track tax returns
- Complete quarterly and annual tax reports
- Organize and update the company’s tax database
- Recommend tax strategies
- Prepare necessary paperwork for tax payments and returns
- Identify tax savings and suggest ways to increase profits
- Follow industry trends and track changes related to taxes
- Forecast tax predictions
- Proven work experience as a Tax Accountant, Tax Analyst or Tax Preparer
- Knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping procedures
- Familiarity with accounting software packages
- Computer literacy (MS Excel in particular)
- Excellent analytical and time management skills
- Strong numeracy skills
- Keen attention to detail
- BSc degree in Accounting, Finance, or relevant subject; industry certification (e.g., CMA Or CPA) is preferred.